Bike Shop Operations Lead
The primary responsibility of the Bike Shop Operations Lead is to support the Store Manager and Bike Shop Coordinator in achieving all store goals and corporate directives specific to the bike shop operation within each store. In partnership with the store manager and bike shop coordinator the Bike Operations Lead is charged with achieving all bike business related goals by recruiting and developing a staff who can deliver a specialty bike shop experience to each of our new and returning customers. The Bike Operations Lead must have and be able to teach the applicable skills that establish and consistently maintain high quality standards and customer experiences around bike building, bike service, bike fitting, complete bike outfitting and bike sales. The Bike Operations Lead is responsible for the assorting, merchandising and visual appeal of our bike shop sales floor and a clean, safe and functional bike service and storage area. The Bike Shop Operations lead must be an active bike enthusiast who can effectively promote a strong cyclesport and recreation culture within the store and surrounding community.
The Bike Shop Operations Lead is one of the leaders of an outfitting team and must be able to lead by example. Consistent maintenance of their own product training and outfitting standards are imperative for their team to achieve success.
We believe in developing and promoting from within our company, but if you are a strong candidate who possesses the experience and has the skills as listed below we would like the opportunity to meet you.
- 2 to 3 years specialty bike retail management or equivalent experience with a proven record of success managing or working in multiple aspects of a bike business
- Active participant with a passion for biking and the desire to have new outdoor experiences
- Outdoor leadership experiences are a plus
- Participant or organizational experience in bike related events or competitions a plus
- Professional bike tech training and certifications are a strong plus
- We respect those who have served in the armed forces and value all military experience as a plus
- Advanced bike tech and bike fitting experience required
- Practiced and proven ability to manage multiple task meeting an operational standard for each
- Ability to supervise multiple projects and efforts at once
- Ability to teach others technical and operational standards
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Positive interpersonal skills: outgoing, motivating, adaptable, mentoring
- Strong time management skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will need to
- Stand and walk for eight plus hours per shift;
- Climb ladders, ascend stairs and balance;
- Frequently lift or move 25lbs;
- Occasionally lift or move 50lbs;
- Use hand tools
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Access to transportation suitable for offsite and afterhours events and training
- Be an active cyclist
If interested and totally committed to success, apply to the Director of Retail Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of interest, resume and references.