Bike Outfitter (Part-Time)
The primary responsibility of the Bike Outfitter is to support the Store Manager and Bike Operations Lead in achieving all bike shop sales and customer service goals. A Bike Outfitter is responsible for engaging our customers and helping them select the best bike to achieve the individual customer’s goals, preparing bikes for test rides and assisting in the installation of accessories. A bike outfitter must be an active cyclist and ambassador for the activity that encourages participation on all levels. A bike outfitter must have the interest and aptitude to learn and retain a large array of bike specifications but the wherewithal to know what and when it is applicable to a specific customer. Bike Outfitters help maintain the presentation and standards of the bike department. Bike outfitters are called upon for additional task work and customer service within the whole store operation as business and priorities dictate.
Bike Outfitters must represent our philosophy of complete outfitting and specialty service. Bike outfitters must be able to listen and understand the customer’s goals then translate that into a selection process for the customer. Bike Outfitters must have the knowledge and passion to convey it that ensures our customers not only leave the store with the bike of their choosing but also the knowledge of how to use it properly, the correct expectation for performance and safety of it and when/how to maintain their new bike.
- 1 year bike sales or equivalent experience
- Active participant with a passion for biking and the desire to have new outdoor experiences
- Outdoor leadership experiences are a plus
- Participant or organizational experience in bike related events or competitions a plus
- We respect those who have served in the armed forces and value all military experience as a plus
- Some Bike Tech and Bike Fitting experience a plus
- Practiced and proven ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining a high degree of customer service
- Ability to communicate a passion for cycling no matter the level of participation
- Positive interpersonal skills, outgoing, motivating, adaptable
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will need to
- Stand and walk for eight plus hours per shift;
- Climb ladders, ascend stairs and balance;
- Frequently lift or move 25lbs;
- Occasionally lift or move 50lbs;
- Use hand tools
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Access to transportation suitable for offsite and afterhours events and training
- Be an active cyclist
If interested and totally committed to success, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of interest, resume and references.