Lead Bike Tech (Part-Time)
The primary responsibility of the Lead Bike Tech is to support the Bike Operations Lead in achieving all bike shop operation goals with specific focus but not limited to, bike labor goals and standards. The Lead Bike Tech is responsible for performing the majority of and inspecting all bike service work, builds and parts installation ensuring the highest caliber for performance, durability and safety. The Lead Bike Tech must also have bike fitting and sales experience in order to lead the new bike sales effort in the absence of the Bike Operation Lead.
The Lead Bike Tech will assist the Bike Operations Lead in the training/development of new bike builders and tuners. The Bike Tech Lead will assist in the assorting, merchandising and visual appeal of our bike shop sales floor and must always contribute to a clean, safe and functional bike service and storage area. The Bike Lead Tech must be an active bike enthusiast that can effectively promote a strong cyclesport and recreation culture within the store and surrounding community.
The Bike Tech Lead is one of the leaders of an outfitting team and must be able to lead by example. Consistent maintenance of their own product training and outfitting standards are imperative for their team to achieve success. We believe in developing and promoting from within our company, but if you are a strong candidate that matches the experience and has the skills as listed below we would like the opportunity to meet you.
- 1 to 2 years professional bike tech experience with a high level of aptitude and efficiently in performing bike service
- Active participant with a passion for biking and the desire to have new outdoor experiences
- Professional bike tech training and certificates are a strong plus
- Outdoor leadership experiences are a plus
- Participant or organizational experience in bike related events or competitions a plus
- We respect those who have served in the armed forces and value all military experience as a plus
- Advanced bike tech and bike fitting experience required
- Practiced and proven ability to manage multiple task meeting an operational standard for each
- Ability to supervise multiple projects and efforts at once
- Ability to teach others technical standards
- Positive interpersonal skills; outgoing, motivating, adaptable, mentoring
- Strong time management skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will need to
- Stand and walk for eight plus hours per shift;
- Climb ladders, ascend stairs and balance;
- Frequently lift or move 25lbs;
- Occasionally lift or move 50lbs;
- Use hand tools
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Access to transportation suitable for offsite and afterhours events and training
- Be an active cyclist
If interested and totally committed to success, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of interest, resume and references.