The primary responsibility of the Merchandising Manager is to support the Store Manager in achieving all store goals and corporate directives. The Merchandising Manager has specific focus and responsibilities regarding all aspects of store presentation per company standards and corporate directives under the lead of the Retail Merchandising Manager and the Store Manager. The Merchandising Manager will participate in the training and development of their outfitting team with specific focus on achieving and maintaining all visual presentation standards. The Merchandising Manager takes the lead on proper product placement, presentation, seasonal conversions and promotional sets to achieve the sales plan, seasonal focus and sell through objectives of the store while maintaining a consistently attractive and specialty look within the store.
The Merchandising Manager is one of the leaders of an outfitting team and must be able to lead by example. Consistent maintenance of their own product training and outfitting standards are imperative for their team to achieve success.
We believe in developing and promoting from within our company, but if you are a strong candidate who possesses the experience and has the skills as listed below we would like the opportunity to meet you.
- 2 to 3 years specialty retail management and/or visual merchandising experience with a proven record of success specifically in store presentation
- Active participant with a passion for 2 or more of the categories we sell and the desire to have new outdoor experiences
- Outdoor leadership experiences are a plus
- Participant or organizational experience in adventure outdoor related events or competitions a plus
- Scouting experience or leadership is a plus
- We respect those who have served in the armed forces and value all military experience as a plus
- Practiced and proven visual merchandising ability
- Ability to plan, enact and supervise multiple projects and efforts at once
- Great spatial awareness
- Ability to communicate visual ideas and the direction to achieve them verbally, written and drawn
- Ability to teach others concepts and standards
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Proven ability to meet and exceed goals
- Positive interpersonal skills; outgoing, motivating, adaptable, mentoring
- Strong time management skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will need to
- Stand and walk for eight plus hours per shift;
- Climb ladders, ascend stairs and balance;
- Frequently lift or move 25lbs;
- Occasionally lift or move 50lbs;
- Use hand tools
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Access to transportation suitable for offsite and afterhours events and training
If interested and totally committed to success, apply to the Director of Retail Operations at email@example.com with a letter of interest, resume and references.