The primary responsibility of the Operations Manager is to support the Store Manager and Merchandising Manager in achieving all store goals and corporate directives. The Operations Manager will participate in the training and development of the outfitting team regarding all aspects of the business with specific focus on achieving and maintaining all operational standards. The Operations Manager takes the lead on all receiving, shipping and facility maintenance functions. The Operation Manager ensures that the daily functions of running a retail business happen consistently, accurately, timely and per company standard in order to keep the majority of the focus and resources on the outfitting effort and achieving the store’s daily sales plan.
The Operations Manager is one of the leaders of an outfitting team and must be able to lead by example. Consistent maintenance of their own product training and outfitting standards are imperative for their team to achieve success.
We believe in developing and promoting from within our company, but if you are a strong candidate who possesses the experience and has the skills as listed below we would like the opportunity to meet you.
- 1 to 2 years specialty retail management or equivalent experience with a proven record of success managing multiple aspects of a business
- Active participant with a passion for 2 or more of the categories we sell and the desire to have new outdoor experiences
- Outdoor leadership experiences are a plus
- Participant or organizational experience in adventure outdoor related events or competitions a plus
- Scouting experience or leadership is a plus
- We respect those who have served in the armed forces and value all military experience as a plus
- Practiced and proven ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to supervise multiple projects and efforts at once
- Ability to teach others operational standards
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Proven ability to meet and exceed goals
- Positive interpersonal skills: outgoing, motivating, adaptable, mentoring
- Strong time management skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will need to
- Stand and walk for eight plus hours per shift;
- Climb ladders, ascend stairs and balance;
- Frequently lift or move 25lbs;
- Occasionally lift or move 50lbs;
- Use hand tools
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Access to transportation suitable for offsite and afterhours events and training
If interested and totally committed to success, apply to the Director of Retail Operations at email@example.com with a letter of interest, resume and references.