The primary responsibility of the Outfitter is to support the Store Management Team in achieving all sales and customer service goals. An Outfitter is responsible for engaging our customers and helping them select the best gear, clothing and footwear to achieve the individual customer’s goals. An Outfitter must be an active participant and ambassador for 2 or more of the activities we sell and encourages participation in those activities at all levels. An Outfitter must have the interest and aptitude to learn and retain a large array of specifications on the gear we sell but the wherewithal to know what and when it is applicable to a specific customer. Outfitters help maintain the presentation and operational standards of the entire store.
Outfitters must represent our philosophy of complete outfitting and specialty service. Outfitters must be able to listen and understand the customer’s goals then translate that into a selection process for the customer. Outfitters must have the knowledge and passion to not only equip our customers with the products that will best complement their specific goals, but also ensure that they know how to use and properly care for their new gear before they leave the store.
- 1 year specialty retail, customer service and/or outdoor leadership experience
- Active outdoor participant with a passion and the desire to have new outdoor experiences
- Hiking, Climbing, Boating, Camping and/or Adventure Travel experiences are a plus
- Participant experience in outdoor related events or competitions a plus
- We respect those who have served in the armed forces and value all military experience as a plus
- A passion for introducing new people to outdoor recreation and adventure on all levels
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining a high degree of customer service
- Positive interpersonal skills: outgoing, motivating, adaptable
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will need to
- Stand and walk for eight plus hours per shift;
- Climb ladders, ascend stairs and balance;
- Frequently lift or move 25lbs;
- Occasionally lift or move 50lbs;
- Use hand tools
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Access to transportation suitable for offsite and afterhours events and training
If interested and totally committed to success, apply to the Director of Retail Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of interest, resume and references.