The primary responsibility of the Store Manager is to recruit, hire, train and consistently field a team of professional outfitters that have the personal experiences and knowledge of the products we carry to properly outfit our customers for any outdoor adventure or activity. Through development and motivation of a team the store manager is responsible for achieving all productivity, profitability and merchandising goals as per company standards and directives. The store environment created by the store manager must consistently be; specialty service orientated, visually appealing, clean, safe and fun for both the store team and customers. The Store Manager is the leader of an outfitting team and must be able to lead that team by example consistently maintaining their own product training and practicing great outfitting as the standard for those on your team to achieve.
We believe in developing and promoting from within our company, but if you are a strong candidate who possesses the experience and has the skills as listed below we would like the opportunity to meet you.
- 3 to 4 years specialty retail store management level experience with a proven record of success
- Active participant with a passion for 2 or more of the categories we sell and the desire to have new outdoor experiences
- Outdoor leadership experiences are a plus
- Participant or organizational experience in adventure outdoor related events or competitions are a plus
- Scouting experience or leadership is a plus
- We respect those who have served in the armed forces and value all military experience as a plus
- Proven management and team development techniques
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Proven ability to meet and exceed goals
- Positive interpersonal skills: outgoing, motivating, adaptable, mentoring
- Independent problem solving: finds a way to achieve the desired results while delivering revenue, promoting the company’s good reputation and protecting the company’s assets.
- Strong time management, forecasting and planning abilities
- Creative Visual Merchandising abilities and taste indicative of a specialty retailer
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will need to
- Stand and walk for eight plus hours per shift;
- Climb ladders, ascend stairs and balance;
- Frequently lift or move 25lbs;
- Occasionally lift or move 50lbs;
- Use hand tools
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Access to transportation suitable for offsite and afterhours events and training
If interested and totally committed to success, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of interest, resume and references.